mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:17 am 
EGG
EGG

Hi all,

We are looking to re-home our beardy along with his homemade Viv.We rescued him from a family that to be honest knew nothing about keeping reptiles. Estimated age of 4-5 yrs old.
He comes with the Viv that we got him in. Its far from great but its all we had and we paid the family for him just to get him out of there!!! We couldnt leave him.

Since birth he had a diet of mealworms only. Because of this he has developed a calcium defeciency, crooked tail, cant hold himself up for long periods and doesnt like catching his food. Saying this, he is happy in himself, enjoys his baths and his walk around time.

Since he has been with us we have changed his diet to crickets, vegtables with a calcium and multi vitamin supplement.

We have a baby that has quickly grown into a raging toddler so the one to one time the dragon needs is being affected. We are also moving house in the next 2 weeks and the new place doesnt have much space for the viv. Moving house will also be taking time away from him. If he was a "normal" (if I can use that term) dragon we would not be re-homing him.

We will not let him go with st time owners due to his condition. This may sound harsh but the health and welfare of him must be priority.

I have pictures of Sixx and the viv on my phone if you would like me to send some.

We are in Newark, Nottinghamshire for collection or we will drop him off within reasonable distance.

Anymore info required please feel free to ask

Thank you