Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Live Chat
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:45 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

barry.denson

have skype on my phone so pretty much always available.

0.1.0 Cat - Willow
1.1.0 Dogs - Domino & Holly
Plus lots of tropical fish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:39 pm 
EGG
EGG

My Skype is the_shepherd_4

please feel free to add.

Rick

What is your skype id?

Rich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:38 pm 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

Trish or Rick,

Check this link out, can something like this be added? :)

http://chat-forum.com/freechat/freedemo.htm

About 18 months ago i was apart of a forum that used a free chat room, it worked great. The forum isn't about no more or i would have given the link to show you. I signed up using the above link to see what happens and it gave me a code to add to the site so, but obviously i can't use it, was just wandering if you thought it was worth having or not?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:35 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Hi muzza

It is a option as we have spoken about this several times before the problem is!!! If there are 4 of us main moderators/admin with live chat one of us would have to keep a eye on the sight pretty much 24/7 which can't be done,as we need to make sure you the members are giveing correct information and not abuseing the sight swearing or whatever which thankfully doesn't happen to often. But as you have brought it up again the 4 of us shall have a discussion on the subject but notheing can be promised. The members are kept limited and there's not thousands and thousands of you all the answers asked get answered within the half hour so it's not really requierd at this moment in time,but as said we shall have a chat and keep u guys updated by posting on the forum ;)

Danny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:49 pm 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

There is always a responsible member online to offer advice, also it's about the site progressing, improving not requirements. The chats are all logged and can be viewed by the Admin of the chat. If it's getting abused or it's not working the way it was planned it can be removed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:12 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Yes as said we do no this and no how to do it,I no rick mentiond this to Trish a while ago.There are pro's and con's to it, as for progressing the site we only use word and mouth no money is made by this site it was desighned by the loveley Trish who hasn't got enough hours in the day as it is.We are happy with how it has progressed from just 2 lizards breeding and makeing a homepage :D and before u say it we allso no there is no cost, but WE try and keep the forum friendly which it is thankfully!!! people have been on here for years and knows who is who where as live chat can distract away from the subject we are supose to be hear for and members don't always give the correct advice as WE alredy no! We no members are trying to help but this isn't always the case you would understand if you had seen the posts that have had to be removed, as said before I have started yet another topic on the moderator section rick shall be along soon as he has views on this, and Trish shall be along within a couple of days so we shall keep you informed on the matter. :D

Danny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:18 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

And by doing a servay on how many members/hidden and guests there would be online over 2 weeks the most there would be is 5/6. 1 being a moderator/admin the rest being recent new members who have already been reading the site before joing to check there pictures and posts which have been answered correctley. So on live chat the only person on it would be yourself and a moderator then maybie one or two others which can have there answeres given on the forum whilst haveing a browse , the guests are non members and Reading up on the forum and joining once owning a beardie to post pictures and ask the usuel worrying stuff that gets answered,people can print of the caresheet provided which consists of everything anyone needs to no so the forum is being used as it should be, a forum

if its not broke dont fix it :D

Danny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It it ain't broke don't fix it...

The main reason I've not added live chat, or any other mod, to the site is because last time I tried the board was hacked. A kind person removed the malicious code for me (but I'm not in touch with them anymore). The hosting company put it down to me having added code to the forum.

Once bitten, twice shy... I do keep looking at all the mods for forums like this one, but get too nervous to install them. I'd hate to lose the board, and all the info that's been built up over the years. It works like it is - I'm worried if I add a mod, it won't work at all!

Bearded Dragon: Fiona
R.I.P Shrek and Stumpy - you are sadly missed.

For articles and useful information about how to care for Bearded Dragons visit the main site: http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:27 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Wise words it's not busy enough it's nice as it is msn and skype are for chat,this is a forum :) And if there was a chat today it would of consisted being myself and muzza hmmmm and one other posting a picture so not useing the live, thanx for suggestion anyway everything is taken on board :)

Danny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:47 pm 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

ok thanks Trish, i didn't know that happened. Now i understand, that's why the post was directed towards you or RIck :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:40 am 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

As said everything is on the forum! If you looked in to it and read the first two pages being

Re: Live Chat
by Webmaster on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:08 pm

The problem is it will probably be a mod. Last time I added a mod to the code the forum got severely hacked. Luckily a friend (who I've lost touch with) went through and stripped out all the hacking code, but the board was down for a while. I've kept the board 'virgin' since then!Trish

Bearded Dragons: Shrek, Fiona and Stumpy

There are pro's and con,s to it and the con,s certainly outway the pro,s
As i said before all the answers are either on the forum as u can see now!!!,or get answered within 60 mins max by either a member or moderator/admin the numbers are controlable by far and its nice that way 8)

Danny