mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: message for Danny/saxo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:49 pm 
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Yep I've had Axl for 18 month now, I can tell you there is no such thing as a nice iguana, they are very unpredictable as to what they are going to do.
When you have 4' to 6' lump of teeth and claws with a tail that is used like a whip to remove skin coming at you for no apparent reason you get pretty quick.
They also (male) get very aggressive at certain time of the year when it's breeding time, as Axl is at the moment.
Axl also has the misconception that the pecking order is me/him and then everything else is below him to the extent that if Axl is out when Sam (wife) is eating I have to be between them so as to stop Axl taking her food from the plate.
Hes also been known to fling him self from his peach (5 feet up) at the glass in his doors hit the floor climb back up and do it again.
They also require a lot of room and will happier wonder round the house climbing everything and anything to be found hiding under a cushion or pillow with just the tail sticking out apparently and iguana forgets about it's tail when hiding and this can usually be the first thing spotted.
Heat is expensive as we run a 4' by 4.5' which is from floor to ceiling viv with a pond in it.
Now all that said I would not be without Axl
He will regularly let him self out of his viv if I don't lock it properly straight up in the window sill and will follow the sun up and down shaking his head at birds in the trees out side.
He will sit quit happily for an hour or 2 having a cuddle/stroke, I have also found him lead on my stomach sleeping when I have wake up from dosing on the settee.
They are a lot more active than beardies. Axl was a rescue so has some issue with damaged tail which has grow back and a broken collar bone that they wont reset due to damager of getting him a sleep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:32 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Thanx for that they do sound like a handfull to get tame but there are some stunning ones out there, I have done alot of research as mentioned but I think in all honesty now isn't the time as much as I want to , I don't think I'd have the room or the time to handle it correctley,I've been looking on preloved for several months now and come across this guys listing. first off i would like to say i havent got the time for this many reptiles would like just 1 nice decent reptile eg retic or a decemt lizard like b and w tegu so if you have somthing like that to swap please contact me thanks
here goes
-bosc monitor tame, healthy and comes with setup about 2ft and the stup is about 3 n half foot
-burmese python tame with setup burm is about 4-5 ft
-baby green iguana about 1.5 ft with 3ft viv setup tame
-royal python male very tame comes with setup hes about 4ft
-and last is my juvi king snake with setup very tame but abit fast
thanks im accepting offers aswell and will do a deal on the lot also swaps would really like a tiger retic thanks george. And as u can c I can't believe those reptiles are kept in those conditions :( and I would love to rehome the iggy but I think he'd b fine for a couple of years then outgrow it's viv and I'd be back to square one :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:40 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Looking and Reading that again I'm tempted to go put him in fookin 5ft tank

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:08 pm 
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Hi Daany,

They are lovely animal but having gone on several web site book ect as well as personal experience it would appear that they are never really tame just more tolerant some days.
Don't know where you live to, but there are many rescue homes out there that will (if they are any good), match the animal to the owner rather then owner picking the animal and in doing this you get a much better relationship finger crossed a greater chance of success in the relationship lasting.
I think the 2 main things to remember is that they do require a lot of space and have terrible mood swings wuth a capablity of doing a lot of damage :)