mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I hate Locusts!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:05 pm 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

So Spike has not been really eating live food the past month or so, he went from eating about 20 every other day right down to 5-6 every few days.I was not to concerned as i thought he was slowing down due to his age,but past week or 2 he has eaten 1 mayby 2 a time then shuts his eyes and is completley not interested.I tried again yesterday and nothing , all this si with roaches , i will also point out he has been eating lots of salad every other day!,Anyway i decided yesterday mayby he does not like roaches anymore so i got him a bag of 100 locusts , just for him to ignore when i got home!.....well...

As my roach colony is so big now all i have is about a 20l box to keep the locusts in , so in they went with food etc , just before bed i noticed the box was all covered in condensation and i had infact not put air holes in the lid , so my brain wave was to slide the lid open literally 3ml which the locusts could not possibly get through as i had extra large ones and their head is bigger than the gap,and put a xbox controller ontop to weigh it down .....yes you can guess what is coming ......

Its 3am and iam sound asleep , and i hear....mum ....mum the locusts have got out, so i jump up into my sons room and there are about 80 locusts jumping around his room!!Eventful night is an understatement , my sons room was turned upside down trying to catch all these buggers!

So the moral of the story is , if always make sure the lid is very secure when dealing bugs!!

Post subject: Re: I hate Locusts!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:59 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Wish I had been a fly on the wall :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara
1 Aquarium of Tropical fish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:17 pm 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

:lol: I once had 8 escaped in the car with me driving down the motorway. Not a pleasant experience. I'd hate for them to be escaped in my bedroom. That's enough to give you nightmares!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:32 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Therru has only eaten 2 Large Dubais and a floret of baby leaves in 3weeks :) and today had a little munch on her veggies :) they do worry us dont they ;Im just waiting for float results now :)
SpikeandLizzy wrote:So Spike has not been really eating live food the past month or so, he went from eating about 20 every other day right down to 5-6 every few days.I was not to concerned as i thought he was slowing down due to his age,but past week or 2 he has eaten 1 mayby 2 a time then shuts his eyes and is completley not interested.I tried again yesterday and nothing , all this si with roaches , i will also point out he has been eating lots of salad every other day!,Anyway i decided yesterday mayby he does not like roaches anymore so i got him a bag of 100 locusts , just for him to ignore when i got home!.....well...

As my roach colony is so big now all i have is about a 20l box to keep the locusts in , so in they went with food etc , just before bed i noticed the box was all covered in condensation and i had infact not put air holes in the lid , so my brain wave was to slide the lid open literally 3ml which the locusts could not possibly get through as i had extra large ones and their head is bigger than the gap,and put a xbox controller ontop to weigh it down .....yes you can guess what is coming ......

Its 3am and iam sound asleep , and i hear....mum ....mum the locusts have got out, so i jump up into my sons room and there are about 80 locusts jumping around his room!!Eventful night is an understatement , my sons room was turned upside down trying to catch all these buggers!

So the moral of the story is , if always make sure the lid is very secure when dealing bugs!!

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara
1 Aquarium of Tropical fish