Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Xmas
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:39 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hi,

I've just joined and I'm looking for a bit of advice about what to do with the beardy I'm wanting to buy her for Xmas. I work offshore and I'm going to be away for Xmas this year. I wanted to have everything set up and a beardy for her on Xmas morning but as I'm going away on the 13th I'm thinking that maybe the best thing to do is get all the kit and then get her the beardy when I get back after the 27 th. obviously it won't be quite as exciting but I want to make sure everything is ok.
I could try and get my wife involved but to be honest it's taken a huge effort to convince her that the 2 of us will do everything and she'll not have to do anything.
Or do you think my wife could set it up with minimum involvement on Xmas eve?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Gareth.

Post subject: Re: Xmas
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:32 pm 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

best thing is to leave it set up for a couple of days with no beardie in it so you can get the temperature just right. I'd give her the vivarium for xmas, depending on how old your daughter is she can set it up and then on the 27th you can take your daughter to pick a beardie, that way you don't miss out either. I know its not the same as getting it on xmas morning but baby beardies (if that's what your getting) are harder work coz they have to be fed more often :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:06 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Sounds like muzza has covered this one and I'm sure as soon as your wife ces it shel change her mind and get involved

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:51 pm 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Even now I still find that at times it can take up to a week to get temperatures set up correctly in a new viv. so best you take t slow get the viv for Christmas make sure temps are good then get the beardie once you're back.

Rick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:17 pm 
EGG
EGG

Thanks guys. That's pretty much the way I was thinking but it's nice to have the experts confirm it!

I'm sure my daughter will be able to get everything set up - she's a pretty experienced pet owner already with horses, dogs, cats, hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs and fish under her belt so the tank set up will keep her busy and then we can get the wee fella. I suppose it also means she gets one of her choosing rather than mine.

As far as my wife goes I think we'll just need to wait and see!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:51 am 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

All the best :)