mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:39 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know, the boy has now been purchased. His name is Bertie, he's around 5 months old, and a stunner. The very tip of his tail is missing, due to a male/male altercation when he was around 8 weeks old, but other than that, he's pretty much fighting fit and healthy.

He is eating, pooping, sleeping etc all very well indeed. He eats like a pig if I'm honest. Just trying to gauge how many crickets a day to give him. Here's a pic of the little un.

Attachments:
IMAG0793.jpg
IMAG0793.jpg [ 104.08 KiB | Viewed 5950 times ]
IMAG0789.jpg
IMAG0789.jpg [ 116.31 KiB | Viewed 5950 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:52 pm 
FAMILY LIFE
FAMILY LIFE

He looks great :D At this age he should be feed 2-3 times aday (depending on his weight) and let him eat as many as he wants in 10 min sessions. Remember to dust 1 feed a day. To make sure he is eating enough, weigh him every week and you should see a nice steady gain :P

Bearded Dragon:
Felix born 5/11/08
Bob born 25/12/07 Died 17/1/09 RIP
Hubby and 2 children: Ian, Sophie and Emily
Cats: Suzie and Sheba
Corn snake: Maxxie born 6/8/11

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:53 am 
EGG
EGG

He's currently eating around 5 or 6 medium sized crickets, twice a day, with a few waxwoms for his evening snack. He does like his baby leaf salad, red peppers, cucumber, banana and strawberries so far. Still experimenting with the fruit/veg. Definitely got a good appetite though.

I made the mistake of waving the cricket keeper box in front of the viv the other day, while getting a few out, and he was launching himself at the glass to get at them :D

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:14 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Ease up on the banana and make it an occasional treat, it's one of the 'not for regular consumption' items due to high potassium levels.Otherwise all sounds really good. How old is he? Looks around 4~6 months and nice and healthy.

Rick

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:47 pm 
EGG
EGG

Duly noted. I have only given him a few chunks so far, so I'll hold back on it. He's around 5 months according to the pet shop. It's one off their breeding stock, which I saw housed in a large 6' x 3' x 2' viv, so I know they are quite well looked after. It's a shop I used to use for my aquarium needs back when I kept fish, so I know them quite well too.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:37 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

If they're prepared to use a 6 ft tank for their stock it does sound as if they really do care for and understand their reps.

Rick

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:25 am 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

He is a looker :D