mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Charlie isn't the same..
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:54 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hey guys, long time no see. I haven't been on for about 2/3 years I think. I've just got Charlie back after he stayed up at my mum's for a little over a year as I didn't have the space for him in the room I was renting. While he was at my mum's he stayed in my little sister's room. Not much happened in there as she was never in, and I can imaging he was incredibly bored, although my mum loves him so he was out at least once every day.
Anyway, now he's finally back with me he's changed. He doesn't scratch on the glass for attention or to come out anymore, he isn't really interested in what is happening outside his tank unless you're really close. He hasn't eaten a single bit of veg since he got back (about a month ago) and has eaten a few locus, but not many. He was never massive on his greens but he was improving.
My mum has said he hasn't been eating properly for a while now, and he doesn't really poo much either, not without a warm bath and a massage. He's only had one poo here too. He has had blood tests and they've all come back negative.
All he does is hide in his cave. I know it's winter and he might be brumating, but it seems out of character.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:49 pm 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Adult males tend to get pretty lazy and combined with winter I think that is what has happened. Of course if he's trying to brumate that wont help much but if his tests have all come back negative I'd be feeding what he'll take at the moment and see how he improves towards spring. Not much help I know but I'd say that is what is going on here.

Rick