mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sleeping in water bowl
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:09 am 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

Hi ladies and gents I'm a bit worried about my beardie today as when it was sleep time (10pm ) I noticed spike ( My Dragon ) was asleep on his water bowl ( mainly his front feet and under his chin ) and I have never seen him do that before and so I was worried and moved him back to where he normally sleeps, then later on he had moved back there to his water bowl and got worried so now I have taken his bowl out as I did some searching on Google and other forums and got mixed messages saying it is fine dangerous and sometimes normal. His water bowl is in the cool end where his food is , but normally he sleeps in the corner of the warmer side ( I have a 4 foot viv and spike is now coming up to 4 years in August ) just wanted know what is the best thing to do am so worried :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not sure that beardie's take much account of where they sleep - they do get in odd positions!

Yes, take the water bowl out so he can't sleep in it. Beardies shouldn't spend time in water as their lungs can't cope with too much humidity. Just keep an eye on him. If he's eating well and otherwise looks healthy I'd put it down to him being a bit of an idiot. If he's not eating and looks dehydrated (often has a sunken depression in the head over the eyes) then I'd take him to a vet.

Bearded Dragon: Fiona
R.I.P Shrek and Stumpy - you are sadly missed.

For articles and useful information about how to care for Bearded Dragons visit the main site: http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:48 am 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

Yeah I took the bowl out and he is eating fine was a bit of food and that a couple months back and seemed like was moping but I'd been busy and not much time to spend with him but made sure his greens and that's were done so prob moping at me but now he eats his crickets and treats and veg so I will probably put it down to stupidity as tonight he is in normal place and had a big fuss today cuddles and treats and hoppers :)