mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:33 am 
EGG
EGG

Hello,

I bought a six month old dragon three weeks ago from a preloved advert. He isn't scared of me but seems upset by the move but it's been a long time now and I'm starting to get worried. He has only pooed once (2 weeks ago) he doesn't have any hardness in his belly. He eats 3-5 crickets a day. He will eat wax worms but I haven't tried too many because I'm worried he'll get a preference. He won't eat any veg(tried everything). He's previous owner says he was eating everything. He was hiding in his cave all day but I've removed that now but he still doesn't bask much but stays in the warmer side. I give him a bath every 3 days to try and keep him hydrated. The only other thing that is unusual, I think, is that he often has his mouth very slightly open.

Set up - 4ft wooden viv. Uvb is a repti glo 8.0 tube but I'm replacing that with an arcadia 12.0 when it gets here and moving it to the top of his viv as it is currently mounted on the back wall. 100wt basking bulb. It's 107 in the hottest basking spot but there are other lower spots he could use and 75 in the coolest spot. I have measured with a temp probe that has been measured against a temp gun. The Substrate is vinyl flooring.

The vet wants to do a feacal but he hasn't pooed recently so I'm waiting for that. He doesn't seem thin or unwell in any other way.

Any advice welcome.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 130.38 KiB | Viewed 1767 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:58 pm 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Normally I'd say 7~10 days settling in but at times it can be longer. What's the weather like over there, this will also cause him to be off food if it's wet and cold. I wouldn't be concerned about not eating yet as he looks pretty good and has a nice plump tail ( this is one of the areas the store fat), rather than bathing, which can cause respiratory problems at times, try dripping a little water on his nose, if he's thirsty he'll drink that. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1372 for a discussion on hydration. Open mouth is similar to a dog panting - just a way of offloading excess heat. A fecal float is a good idea as intestinal parasites will cause appetite loss, however it's more likely astill settling in syndrome!

Rick