mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:35 am 
EGG
EGG

Hi I brought my bearded dragon home on Wednesday. He is so friendly and lovely already coming out of his tank and wandering around. Firstly I'd like to check my temps are OK they tend to be 40.6 in the hot side and 26ish on the cool side. Also he is eating a tub of size 3 hoppers a day and he eats his veg very well too. His poo was very strange (I don't actually know what it's meant to look like) but it had loads of wings and legs from the bugs in it!! And it's really watery too no lumps at all. Last think am I feeding him too much as people say they only feed bugs a few times a week?? I have been told he is 6 months old

Thanks for your help xx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:39 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Temps are good, and daily feeding is OK for 6 month old dragons. What's he weigh? They'll overeat quite happily so you may need to cut back the food a little. Poo should look like a bird's the white is urates and the dark sold waste matter - is he eating veg as well? THis can make things runny.

Rick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:15 am 
EGG
EGG

Thank you I have cut him down to half the box of hoppers Today I'm going to give him a bath this afternoon see how he likes it! And I'll weigh him and let u know then maybe you can give me a rough feeding guide as to how many hoppers....also he does really enjoy his veg

Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:16 am 
EGG
EGG

Thank you I have cut him down to half the box of hoppers Today I'm going to give him a bath this afternoon see how he likes it! And I'll weigh him and let u know then maybe you can give me a rough feeding guide as to how many hoppers....also he does really enjoy his veg

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Before going down the bath route you may want to read this viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1372

Rick