mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:01 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hi,
I'm, struggling to achieve a hot and cool differentiation today. It's been 86+ degrees in the room today at its hottest and I've had 96 in the hot end and 91.6 in the cold end. I'm not sure how worried I should be about this. As it cools in the house it's making a difference in the viv I note. It gets hotter in the hot end and the same in the (not very) cool end though...
He's also not eating yet. I put a small black cricket in today as well as veggies and when I could no longer see it I put another in. I know at least 1 is still in there. With the large brown ones I take them out at night, does the same apply to these little things please?
Wilting in the heat, we're not used to it!
Thanks,
Lisa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:01 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hi,
I'm, struggling to achieve a hot and cool differentiation today. It's been 86+ degrees in the room today at its hottest and I've had 96 in the hot end and 91.6 in the cold end. I'm not sure how worried I should be about this. As it cools in the house it's making a difference in the viv I note. It gets hotter in the hot end and the same in the (not very) cool end though...
He's also not eating yet. I put a small black cricket in today as well as veggies and when I could no longer see it I put another in. I know at least 1 is still in there. With the large brown ones I take them out at night, does the same apply to these little things please?
Wilting in the heat, we're not used to it!
Thanks,
Lisa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:07 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Don't worry - you should try it when it's 40+ outside then balancing heat levels becomes a nightmare. A few days really won't hurt and if you're really concerned then you can always put a fan on the cool end of the viv with the sliding door open maybe 1/8th inch. As long as there are some vegies in the viv you don't need to worry too much about hte crix as they'll go for the veg before they'll attack your dragon.

Rick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:21 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hi, it's 10 days since i know that he's eaten now and I'm worried sick. I think I may need to get to a Reptile Vet tomorrow. He's just not interested, such a shame! I just wish he'd eat something :-(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:07 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

It will probably pay to get him checked now, althoough these guys can be real worries at times. If nothing else it will help settle your mind.

Rick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:47 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hi, good visit to the vet today. She keeps reptiles herself. She says he's in good shape and still has some fat reserves but we need to get his gut back into action now. She fed him some critical care food and I have some to do the same with every day too till he picks up.

He was so good. We are hoping for big things over the next couple of days!! She suggested I wait till I get him the new bigger viv until he's eating normally but that basically the set up I have is fine.

You know the pet shop that sold me the viv and the lighting had put a 5.0 uvb strip in there! I spotted that today and have swapped it now for a 10. I am so cross!

I also need to give him a warm bath twice a day till he starts going to the toilet again too, she says it will help stimulate things. Rex sat with his foot out of the air hole in his box holding my little girls finger all the way home from the vets... at least that's what it looked like :-)

Lisa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:09 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Sounds good! Keep in touch with his progress.

Rick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:23 pm 
EGG
EGG

For a new viv you could try Swell reptiles in the UK,they have some really nice ones at a good price I just bought a large one for 49.99 and its a lovely cream colour. hth Sue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:56 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hi Sue,

Thanks very much for this! I'll take a look though don't think I can get one very soon, he's extremely down in the dumps today. Still force feeding him and he's showing no interest in anything, it is so upsetting. The locust I put in was actually sat on his chin!!

Lisa