mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: starting to bask again !
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:08 pm 
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

my three beardie's all slowed down as iv'e mentioned here on the forum ! but over the last week samson has started to come down and bask under his light roughly the same time every day about 9.30am for about an hour or so then goes back up on his perch ! then for most the day he get's up and down to bask ? but still wont eat any food ! then lola the older female has been in her hide but she comes out to bask under her light get's warm then get's up on her log under the uvb light for a while then she rather wonder's round her viv or goes back in her hide ! but she still takes 3 or 4 locust ? and last but not least we have ella she just lazie's around on her log and she don't move a finger but if i dangle a locust in front of her she'll eat it ! she did however come down last week to do her thing but that's the only time she's moved ? so as thing's stand are samson & lola coming out of brumation or is it just another aspect of it ?? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:25 pm 
EXPERT
EXPERT

We usually pack our guys away in a cool spot so no temp variations and no waking for short strolls. I'd say this was OK behaviour due to he fact that you're still maintaining heat in the enclosures. Leave them to it this year but think about packing them away next year.

Rick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:09 am 
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

ok thank's rick i'll keep this in mind for next time round ! i need to read up on this brumation period to make sure they get the best treatment :?