mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:41 pm 
EGG
EGG

my beardie is 10 months and we think a male,since moving him into a larger viv 6 weeks ago he has been sleeping almost constantly in his new" house".he wont eat anything but wax worms which i feed him by hand,he also wont poo in his new viv,only doing so in the bath which he seems 2 enjoy every other day.i make him come out of his house twice a day 2 make him socialable.he used 2 love locusts and would pounce in the box 2 get at them but now wont go anywhere near them.he does"nt seem very happy and obviously i would like him 2 be.the not eating properly started long before moving him into a bigger viv and we thought that was the problem his last viv was 2 small and he was depressed but it seems not 2 be the case.any views on this matter would be greatly appreciated.tracey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The symptoms you describe could very well indicate that he has intenal parasites. These are very common, and not easy to prevent as they get them from live food.

Take your beardie to the vet along with a poo sample and he'll be able to do a test and give you the right medication to treat him if that is the case. If not, the vet will be able to check if there is anything else wrong.

Older beardies do not poo very often. Adults only poo about once a week. Regular baths are not good for beardies, so I would leave it a little longer before trying to force him to poo by bathing him.

Bearded Dragon: Fiona
R.I.P Shrek and Stumpy - you are sadly missed.

For articles and useful information about how to care for Bearded Dragons visit the main site: http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:29 am 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

When you say sleeping in his house do you mean he is hiding under something?

If he is take it out so he can get UV light they will also feel unwell if they are not getting enough sun