mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:03 pm 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

aww, I love Puffy but now I love her even more. I was just sat on the floor next to her viv with the glass open to measure the length of the UV because I've had it over 6 months. She was watching me and looked a bit apprehensive at the tape measure.

After i'd finished measuring, I was sat on the floor chatting to her, she hasn't been out of her viv since November so I was very suprised when she then ran out, ran across my leg and up to my hand and started licking it! :lol: I usually sit on the floor and put my hand in the viv with wax worms on for a treat. So this is obviously her way of asking 'where are my wax worms?'

I'm so soft, I feel bad for not having any wax worms in so i'm now going the hour round trip to the pet shop/garden centre to get waxworms :)

Someone I know made a comment last week how they didn't understand how people kept reptiles as 'pets' because they had no personality/affection! How wrong can you be! They make brilliant pets and for me they have the added bonus of not causing me an asthma attack (although I do come out in hives if I have Puffy directly on my skin for too long. I'm allergic to everything :( )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:56 pm 
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

I have met a few beardie and they all have different personalities and have their own way of showing their appriciation for you

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:05 pm 
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

I love that story of Puffy :)
I was really not very impressed when my boyfriend came home with Diego. To me, he wasn't furry and didn't make any noise, so how could he be a pet.
How wrong! I love our beardies so much. And with Sydney, she has a totally different personality to Diego. Both of them behave differently and to me, they make amazing pets. I am hooked on beardies now and get annoyed when people call them ugly. Grrr!