mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:53 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

My niece had a 'bring your pet to school' day, but she only has a cat and some fish! So I said my mum could take Charlie in for her, as it's only down the road and he'd only be there for half an hour.. Apparently it went brilliantly, it was the first time most of the children had been to close to a lizard! They loved it. The teachers, not so much.. my niece didn't mention the fact her teacher is terrified of scaly things! So whilst all the 8-10 year olds stoked and enjoyed Charlie, the teacher stood by the door, facing the other way!

-2 tropical fish tanks.
+ dogs,cats & chickens! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:03 am 
EGG
EGG

How brilliant more schools should have a pet day or at least have people in with pets as many children do not gte the chance to see a lot of animals close up and even to touch ,
checker left the back piece of his skin on the log for me this morning and my daughter took her school for the educational table the 5 year olds were amazed by it and i have said soon as they are older and everything crosed tame lol i will take them up for the kids to see

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's a great thing to do - beardies are so friendly they lend themselves to something like this. Well done!

Bearded Dragon: Fiona
R.I.P Shrek and Stumpy - you are sadly missed.

For articles and useful information about how to care for Bearded Dragons visit the main site: http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:12 am 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

Hi Lisa. Great idea. My son, Shey wants to take our beardie in too! The teacher has agreed but has said he needs to do a little talk about beardies, ie. habbitat, food, behaviour etc. Great way to educate kids and they can see first hand how awesome reptiles are! :)

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:08 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

Checkers, yeah definitely more schools should..although I always remember my primary school had quite afew pets days and once a year a lovely man with lots of birds of prey would come in! Everyone always loved it. I remember doing the exact same thing with my snakes recently shed skin! and infact my niece waits for when my beardies shed their skin and she 'collects' it!
Webmaster, I agree! Luckily for us, Charlie's a very calm (or lazy!) beardie in himself most of the time aswell, so there was no problem:)
Mellovett, Oh brilliant! It's a lovely thing to do.. I remember when my school had a theme about wildlife and we were building birdhouses, and it just to happened that my mum had some baby owls that she had bred..So we took them into school and it felt brilliant to show all the classmates something they hadn't seen upclose before! I felt quite important and 'adulty' (I just about remember saying that!) especially when all the kids were drawing pictures of my mums owl chicks afterwards! :D So yeah definitely will be a wonderful experience for not only all your sons classmates, but him aswell! :) Good luck!

-2 tropical fish tanks.
+ dogs,cats & chickens! :)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:43 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

Ah, thanks! Will let you know how it goes. Will wait for a nice hot day - few and far between in the Lake district! :)