mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Like a different dragon
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:49 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hi all, not been on the forum for a while. I decided in the end to put my bd coco through brumation this winter as all the signs were there, I put him in a cardboard box with some bedding and some water and placed in in our understairs cupboard. He was scraching to come out 3 months to the day after putting him away (he came out valentines day!) anyway I was sooooo happy when I weighed him and found he had only lost 3 grams of weight the whole time he was asleep. Since coming out he has been eating loads (including emptying his veg bowl, and he never used to eat his veg ever) and he just looks very happy! Anyway I just wanted to pass this on to anyone, who like me was sooo scared about putting their bd in a box for the winter that it all turned out happily ever after and I will not worry about doing it again this winter if coco wants to brumate again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:01 pm 
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

I too have a different dragon see 'a new oscar' on posts it basically says what you've said :!: we can't get over him eating veg and running around chasing live food - its unheard of. I leave oscar in his tank over winter but turn everything off, that way i can keep an eye on him cause i'm not brave enough for the box in the dark bit yet and he's been in brummation twice so not sure i'll ever be ready - but it definately rechargers their batteries :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's really interesting - thanks for sharing. Mine haven't shown signs of wanting to brumate though.

Bearded Dragon: Fiona
R.I.P Shrek and Stumpy - you are sadly missed.

For articles and useful information about how to care for Bearded Dragons visit the main site: http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:38 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Likewise Trish!!! Thinking about letting the female though this year.

Danny