mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:54 am 
EGG
EGG

Gooood morning!! Sooo we have our dragon! We've named him Marley after the legend that was Bob :D so thought I'd introduce him to you all.
So we took our cardboard box with 'marleys towel' and off we went. Woman was really helpful, said if we had any more questions or problems just to ring and could we send her pic of him in his new home. He scratched box for bit then went to sleep. Viv on all day so was warm for him,we placed him straight in then apart from few pics we took we left him to it.
He just sat still for 10mins then moved onto his basking spot. Then I jokingly sang Bob Marelys 'is this love' to him and he started walking round licking things. My partner said he was trying to get away from my voice :roll:
He went to cool end for a bit then back to hot end then went to sleep. We turned lights off then.
So I've got up this morning to watch lights come on and his exactly the way he was last night, so now i'm just waiting for him to wake :D
Sorry for waffling but its so exciting! We're going to leave him to settle on then we'll registry at vets and take him for float and check up and weigh and measure him
Here he is..there will be more pics throughout day as he explores :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:36 am 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

He looks lovely and healthy.
Congrats :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:19 pm 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Nice healthy guy there. Sounds like the typical male dragon - having found somewhere comfortable to sleep he'll now stay just there until it's time for food :)

Rick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:44 pm 
FAMILY LIFE
FAMILY LIFE

He looks great :mrgreen:

Bearded Dragon:
Felix born 5/11/08
Bob born 25/12/07 Died 17/1/09 RIP
Hubby and 2 children: Ian, Sophie and Emily
Cats: Suzie and Sheba
Corn snake: Maxxie born 6/8/11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:34 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Im waiting for a bigger viv and looking at yours its brill, as its polystyrene do they not scratch at it or is the coating really hard when its all dry and set :lol: :lol: can't wait to see your lovely Beardie in that great viv :lol:

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara
1 Aquarium of Tropical fish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 pm 
EGG
EGG

:D cheers, his really addictive, even when his sleeping I just want to watch him.

Catmishka33- yeah the polystyrene is covered in 5 layers of grout then 5 layers of varnish, its pretty solid. He hasnt really scratched at it yet just licked it lol.

Rick- yup, he slept pretty much all day yesterday but he had dug a hole under his basking spot and stayed there :-/ we left him yesterday but when we gave him his food today he ccame out and guzzled them and I placed a rock where he'd been hiding as he wasnt getting any UV.

Here are pics fom today, his been eating and exploring, his even just dive bombed a hopper fom his branch!
(His last owner fed him hoppers, so our local pet store only sells hoppers, crickets and morio worms so we've got hoppers and worms...his just ignoring worms and I dont like them they keep sliding away, need. A deeper dish, goin to get some crickets in bit try him on those, I figure once dusted they look like hoppers)

Cheeky hoppers, the undusted one was my practice at putting them in viv, dusted the rest!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:13 pm 
EGG
EGG

Quick update :)

Marley did his first poop yesterday. We think we have a lazy dragon to, we put some more hoppers in and watched him because he seems to be staying on his ledge....he literally waited til the hopper walked up to him then ate it! However he did his poo up other end of viv so his moving around just when we arnt watching lol. He also changed his sleeping position last night to vertical.
At mo his on his ledge swivelling his head watchin a hopper walk across glass (we have a hopper calci dust pattern on glass now to!). We attemped to hand feed him a morio worm and piece of dandelion leaf neither of which did he take so we havnt tried again just yet. Heres a pic of his poop :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:15 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

He is so cute :lol: mine has a large bamboo gym and a rock which she always manages to poo down :x a pain to clean and dry but I have dilutable F10 so wash with that and dry well :lol: Im beginning to think my she is a he :o will have to put a pic up and ask the experts advice :lol: there is nothing like being a Beardie mum , mine is 10 mths at end of month got her when she was 5mths :lol: :lol:

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara
1 Aquarium of Tropical fish