Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Una - going strong!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:45 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hi guys,

You may seen a blast of posts from me as I have a lot of questions, but thought while I'm at it I'd give you a general update.

When I first came here I had adopted Una as a one year old Beardie, she is now about 3 and a half and a lot bigger but equally as happy. She's been living off a diet of Sweatheart cabbage with powder supplements on top, marioworms, and occasionally silk worms. Not sure if its the most balanced diet but she likes it and I've never had any health problems with her. She mainly eats the cabbage, I have noticed the older she gets the more cabbage she eats and the less worms, this seems to be what happens with beardies. She still eats her marioworms but usually not a lot and she's a lot more picky about them than she is silk worms, she LOVES silk worms, she recognises the pot and follows it if I move it around, and as soon as they come out shes right on the, where as you have to wave marioworms in front of her face to have a chance of her eating them.

Like any beardie she has her own personality, she favours climbing and sleeping in very awkward poses (check out my posts in Pictures of Beardies), shes an avid glass dancer and likes coming out of her tank and wandering round the room. I think she aims for the light under my door or something because she headbutts the door to my room, a lot lol. She's daring, likes trying to jump off high places (often changing her mind when it's too late and relying on me to help her), if you put something out to block her way (usually because there are live wires in my case) she will do everything she can to get past it -.-

Anyway, won't go on for too long, just wanted to re-introduce her.

Post subject: Re: Una - going strong!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:51 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

:D Not the best diet but with the silkworms you're providing a good bit of the correct food along side the junk (mealworms) food. :lol:

Rick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:52 am 
EGG
EGG

Can silkworms be the staple part of her diet? As she she loves them a lot more and I'm sure would be happy to eat them all the time instead of marioworms (not sure how much difference there is but they are the bigger marioworms not the smaller mealworms?)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:06 pm 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Silk worms may be used as a staple, mixing them with morios to give variance is always a good idea and if you can get any other critters such as roaches down her that would be good.

Rick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:48 pm 
EGG
EGG

Thanks this is really helpful, thought it was the other way round. Now I can get her eating more regularly :) will post a picture soon so you can see a completely up to date pic :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:42 pm 
EGG
EGG

Damm, they are waxworms she loves not silk worms :( not something I can give her on a regular basis are they?

Do you know any online retailers where I can get silkworms? As my local pets at home doesn't stock them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:52 pm 
EXPERT
EXPERT

No and no I'm afraid.

Rick 8)