mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 6 mths
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:48 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Well eventually Therru is shedding ;2 front legs and tail and bits round his head ( its weird he starts eating properly and starts shedding) I thought they went off food when shedding. Therru really is different but gorgeous :)

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara
1 Aquarium of Tropical fish

Post subject: Re: 6 mths
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 pm 
FAMILY LIFE
FAMILY LIFE

Felix never goes off his food when he is shedding either :mrgreen:

Bearded Dragon:
Felix born 5/11/08
Bob born 25/12/07 Died 17/1/09 RIP
Hubby and 2 children: Ian, Sophie and Emily
Cats: Suzie and Sheba
Corn snake: Maxxie born 6/8/11

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:43 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Do they shed less the older they get; as I suppose when they are adult they wont grow much more :) Therru is just coming to 17mths and is 24 ins long from nose to end of tail :lol:

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:32 pm 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

They shed when they grow `to big ` for their current skin.So yes they do slow down shedding when they are older.

I suppose he has not shed for a while as he has not been eating,so has not been growing?Now he is eating he has grown a bit?

Both my girls are currently shedding their whole bodys,everything is shedding poor girls,but both still eating like ganits :D

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:54 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Therru has started wanting more and more :lol: at his age though I am trying to feed him every 3rd day with live and give veggies every day. Last week I gave him some every day but I don't want him to get overweight ; he is nearly back to his normal weight :lol: he just gives me the evil eye on the days he just gets veg :lol: your Dragons are the similar age to mine how many live to you give to yours :lol:

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:17 pm 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

They have about 14 morios every other day now, iam sure they would eat more but they both got a podgy belly so i need to control their eating for abit

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:53 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Morios are fattening though and should only be given as treats :) Its Calci worms and butter worms and silk worms you can give as staple :) Therru seems happy with a box of large hoppers every third day now :) he gets a variety of greens fresh every day :) He had morio worms and then stopped eating ; so Im scared to give him them now :) we are away for 4 days just for a break to wales , so my son is staying to look after Mishka, Tara, Therru and the Tropical fish. He is bringing his Pygmy Hedgehog Boris with him ; so should be fun :roll: Im not bothering to tidy up as as :?: don't know what we will come back to ( I have other family to check all is well though I have a big family). So from Monday I wont be on forum till following Saturday :lol:

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:28 pm 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

I started feeding morios after they laid, as they needed to get their strength and weight up, and morios are good for protein aswell.But now they wont touch anything else,well i have not tried the other worms you mentioned so il give them ago.I have even got rid of my dubia colony as they wont even lick them anymore lol

Have a nice holiday and hopefully he wont trash your house to muchlol

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:09 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Thank you we leave at 9am in the morning :) sorry I forgot yours have been laying eggs ; often wondered how big are them 'pinkies' that you give when they have just laid :) That's one thing I don't have to worry about with Therru ; egg laying, though I have often wondered if you can ever get a frustrated male ( but I suppose that only happens when you have a female nearby and they get the scent ) :lol: :lol:

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:11 am 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

I wonder the same thing,also if you get a male who has `had a bit` but then it stops, if that frustrates him or not, or is it better to have a male who has never done it , as you dont miss what you dont know do you :D

Pinkies are about the same size as large locust in length i would say, lizzy has no problem getting them down,she loves them.We had to force feed them to spike as she just hissed at them :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:53 pm 
EGG
EGG

My elder male is just shedding his head, i always have to help him a wee bit, very rarely will he actually do anyhting, like rub on his rocks to get the shed of. But im thinking that's because he is a wee old man.

Seven looks like she wearing socks! lol

I give live food three days a week and i stick with locusts they both love them and never refuse. Oh and veg every day.

1 husband, 2 beardies, 1 leopard gecko, 2 corn snakes, 1 royal bp.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:20 am 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

I was watching Lizzy yesterday as she was rubbing herself everywhere and on everything.First of all she was getting some off of her beard and then moved onto getting it off of her back,i just wish you could pull it off for them sometimes as she had a bit she could not reach on her back, but she got it off in the end .

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:41 pm 
EGG
EGG

SpikeandLizzy wrote:I was watching Lizzy yesterday as she was rubbing herself everywhere and on everything.First of all she was getting some off of her beard and then moved onto getting it off of her back,i just wish you could pull it off for them sometimes as she had a bit she could not reach on her back, but she got it off in the end .

know what you mean! It the urge to help them cos we know they are itchy and uncomfortable. Extra baths do help so I always do that. My two hate baths though!!!

And with baths there's no risk of damageing the new skin. Does Your beardie ever use You as a Rubbing post to get shed of! Mine do!

1 husband, 2 beardies, 1 leopard gecko, 2 corn snakes, 1 royal bp.