mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:45 pm 
EGG
EGG

hi, please can you advise me on the best set up for my 4ft viv plz, i'm thinking a basking bulb that provides heat and light run on a dimming thermostat, with a uv light, can some one list exactly which ones please as i am getting conflicting advice from everyone i speak too.
thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:17 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Hi, and welcome :D This is THE best forum :D Firstly you need an Arcadia 12% UVA/UVB + D3 strip light 36'' and fitting ; You can get them of Essex Reptiles and get discount by putting MYBD in at checkout or on e-bay or Amazon. Plus you need a 100 or 60w R80 spotlight white (any supermarket or B&Q sell them) don't be conned by pet shops saying you need proper Dragon things. You will need a ceramic screw fitting for the bulb. Your Dimmer thermostat attaches to the basking bulb. As you need a basking log or rock under that bulb. the probe with the thermostat place a few inches in from the cool end near the floor set your dimmer to 26 and then what you are aiming for is - temps of 39-42c at the basking spot and the cool area in the 20s :lol: you can alter the level of basking area to get higher or lower temps as need be :D hope this helps :D everyone is friendly and everyone is here to help ; so ask away :D and do browse the topics , Also if you have a young beardie (youngest you should buy is 8weeks old) but if its your first a slightly older one is easier 4-5 mths. And only keep ones under 6months on newspaper or kitchen roll or lino :lol: Over 6mths Playsand and sandstone done like crazy paving :D

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara
1 Aquarium of Tropical fish